Advice on vaxpass

udevi

Ontario nerd here, looking for advice.

Near the beginning of the pandemic I got engaged to my girlfriend and we set a wedding date for March 2022 (we naively thought all covid bs would be done by then).

Fiancee got first jab to be able to visit grandparents who don't have long left, thus far I have refused.

Wedding venues are considered non-essential under Ford's plan, so without a vaxpassort I won't be able to attend my own fucking wedding. We've paid for more than half of it already, which we wouldn't have shelled out had we known what Ontario would become.

I don't want to get jabbed, but I don't want to cancel the wedding and disappoint family or my fiancee (not to mention lose all the non-refundable money).

Is there an obvious solution I'm missing? Or should I get the jab and say goodbye to my heart muscles?

Upvote 15

udevi

Near the beginning of the pandemic I got engaged to my girlfriend and we set a wedding date for March 2022 (we naively thought all covid bs would be done by then).

Fiancee got first jab to be able to visit grandparents who don't have long left, thus far I have refused.

Wedding venues are considered non-essential under Ford's plan, so without a vaxpassort I won't be able to attend my own fucking wedding. We've paid for more than half of it already, which we wouldn't have shelled out had we known what Ontario would become.

I don't want to get jabbed, but I don't want to cancel the wedding and disappoint family or my fiancee (not to mention lose all the non-refundable money).

Is there an obvious solution I'm missing? Or should I get the jab and say goodbye to my heart muscles?

evolenmity

Based Member
Nothing we say will prevent you from getting the jab and getting married. Your fiancé and family will coerce you, so you might as well just give up right now.

PeoplesPartyAnimal

Have a lawyer call them up, if you didn't agree to be vaxed when you dished out the deposit, they can't say shit.

Hirudinea

12" Member
I agree, a lawyer can probably get the contract broken because some people in attendance (you) won't be vaccinated. Hell try it yourself, call them up and say you want a refund because of restrictions and guests will be excluded and if they get huffy threaten lawyers, they may just say fuck it and give you your money back, then get married in the great outdoors.

Niacin

Outdoor option? Get refunds, the terms of the agreement have changed.

You have a lot of time to pivot your options. The question you need to ask yourself is, where do you draw the line?

It's up to you how much you want to resist or get the vaccine. Sticking to your morals is rarely the easy choice.

Neutral_admin

udeviDon't use a wedding venue. In fact, fuck the whole wedding indusrty. All they do is take services and mark them up 8-900% because...wedding. And for what? So you can emulate british royalty?

the_pamplemoose

Mouthy, bitter flavoured citrus.
1 - get your money back. You never agreed to this vaxx horseshit before ponying it over. If anyone gets huffy, get a lawyer. I'm serious.

2 - just get a justice of the peace or whoever to do it. Go party out in the woods after. Why the fuck are you wasting thousands you could put towards a home?

3 - disappoint your fiance? She's not going to respect you for taking the knee to coercion, nor will she respect you if the vaxx fucks you up. Is weakness the trait of a good husband? Jesus.

I would do everything in my power to get my money back. You weren’t signing a contract that you’d be vaccinated, so they have no right to keep your deposit.

Your marriage is ultimately what matters, not the wedding. I’m so thankful we ended up having a basically free Catholic wedding with just us, priest, God, and witnesses. Your health is so valuable.

AmbitiousRetard

Im in the same boat. Supposed to get married in december, however, we moved it up to next month (before the mandates take effect). It hasn't been that bad rebooking everything like our DJ, photographer and such. I feel like shit i'm giving these people money but we just said fuck it and we're gonna move on with our lives after. It's total bullshit because we have all these plans of having kids so we didn't want this to slow us down of having babies. I almost cancelled because I don't want to give these faggots money but we just want to get it over with and live our fucking lives.