A better chatroom

Rusty Canuckleford

DEI = Death of European Identity
Conspiracy Factologist
JordanPEDErson, is there a way for you to add tagging or @ mentions in the shoutbox? Or if not, could you replace it with a chat that does have that feature?

A Telegram or Matrix chatroom wouldn’t be bad either. Not really for Discord though, because that is woke garbage... they fund BLM.

JordanPEDErson

Hard No.
Alberta Freedom Fighter
Yes I can do better chatroom, with tagging and stuff. This one is a really old one I had and it's pretty borked, I just threw it up quickly.

Might take a bit but I'll see how difficult it would be. I'm actually considering upgrading to Xenforo 2 if you guys like this format it would give us a ton of more options and better security.

Last edited:
I think XF2's system allows you to set limits to deal with raids. Though to be fair, it's just internet chuck-e-cheese tokens, they don't really mean anything.
Shit_Sandwhich77Good points about XF2 specifically. Yeah, for sure. They're just a fun thing to incentivize people to participate and build community rapport. All good shit.

But they still have a pretty substantial subconscious effect on people. There's a reason why people raid, and it's because it works.

TN's great post about COINTEL the other day is a pretty good model for what you need to make a community resilient against. The thing about a board like this is we not only have to be on the lookout for regular trolls, but for politically motivated infiltration.

But also we don't have to take any of this all that seriously, either. Just as serious as we want to, ig. As with anything. I probably wouldn't care at all if this wasn't the last free refuge for a lot of us.