What do you guys want for subforums?

The Conservationist

Save The West
Resistance Is Not Futile
Personally, I like the format of the ".win" networks, where it is less organized. In other words, fewer subforums. Not a strong preference on it either way though.

Personally, I like the format of the ".win" networks, where it is less organized. In other words, fewer subforums. Not a strong preference on it either way though.
The ConservationistAgreed, most of us are all interested, for example, in US/Can/World politics, so it may be superfluous to have separate forums for that

One option might be:
1. Politics and current events (serious)
2. Off-topic (i.e. hobbies and interests &c.) (Semi-serious)
3. Shitposting (aggressively unserious)

JordanPEDErson

Hard No.
Alberta Freedom Fighter
I'm really hoping we can get hooked up with the .win network before we get to crazy on this - but it doesn't hurt to get comfortable here - I have no idea how long it may take.

S

Star51

Fuck the .win network - it is constructed in a way to hinder organization. Plus a huge percentage of moderates associate it with radicals. A forum like this is ideal. I’m all in here.

I would like to keep the top level forum as the main socio-political discourse forum. Let’s do a few hobby forums as add ones. Auto. Gun. Etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

TragicOptimistic

Fuck the .win network - it is constructed in a way to hinder organization. Plus a huge percentage of moderates associate it with radicals. A forum like this is ideal. I’m all in here.

I would like to keep the top level forum as the main socio-political discourse forum. Let’s do a few hobby forums as add ones. Auto. Gun. Etc.
Star51I personally like the .win network because I think having subforums is not the point of this place unless they were to deal with stuff we had in omega. That's kind of point.

S

Star51

You guys don’t get it, the “Reddit” layout was designed specifically to create a space where no long term discussion can happen. You can’t have a long term topic. Even if you are getting constant replies on a topic (aka active discourse), it falls down the “front page” because it’s an algorithm that combines age and popularity. It was an active choice by Reddit admin to basically consolidate discourse in a medium that has no long term memory/cannot host long term discussions.

If we just want to meme and shitpost a frontpage format is ideal. If we actually want to start planning some campaigns and action, having a forum like this where a topic can be bumped with new activity is the only way.

JordanPEDErson

Hard No.
Alberta Freedom Fighter
We don't need to take any major actions yet. Just enjoy yourselves and we will figure it out. I've got lots of volunteers to help if we want to change to a different format like the normal .win network. Plus we are waiting on a response from .win admins before we worry about anything.

Rusty Canuckleford

DEI = Death of European Identity
Conspiracy Factologist
I think it would be beneficial to have separate subforums for discussing Covid, Globalism and Cultural Marxism.

Definitely need an off-topic section too, sometimes I want to talk about non-political things.

I wouldn’t hate it if this site joined .win, but I prefer classic forums like this.

I agree with you for the most part Rusty, but I'll be honest, I personally have trouble distinguishing "Covid, Globalism, and Marxism" as, to me, they are all symptomatic of the same conditions. So my preference would be not to distinguish them into separate subforums.

Joecool118

Commie Sniffing Dog
One thing I was wondering about is what the whole plan is for here. Are we going to just make a mockup of a .win page, and get lots of content here to show we have a community that can be there? Or are we making a separate site with our own subs with the look of the patriots.win site?

JordanPEDErson

Hard No.
Alberta Freedom Fighter
One thing I was wondering about is what the whole plan is for here. Are we going to just make a mockup of a .win page, and get lots of content here to show we have a community that can be there? Or are we making a separate site with our own subs with the look of the patriots.win site?
Joecool118Doggos has been away for three days so we are unable to answer some questions. We know he is able to provide the .win framework if they agree to allow us as a .win community.

I put up the board and registered the domain to show we are serious and have enough interest for another .win. If the process takes a while (ie: we don't hear back from .win admins) we are going to create a board with a similar style to the .win boards (reddit style upvoting)

In the meantime this place needs to look busy and we need activity or they won't care enough to add us.

TragicOptimistic

Doggos has been away for three days so we are unable to answer some questions. We know he is able to provide the .win framework if they agree to allow us as a .win community.

I put up the board and registered the domain to show we are serious and have enough interest for another .win. If the process takes a while (ie: we don't hear back from .win admins) we are going to create a board with a similar style to the .win boards (reddit style upvoting)

In the meantime this place needs to look busy and we need activity or they won't care enough to add us.
JordanPEDErsonAre there other admins besides doggos we could reach out to?

zebra-ccp

I just want to point out that you can still host a board like this as a backup or knowledge-base alongside a .win style forum. So nobody needs to argue which style is better. https://freecanada.win and https://freecanada.win/underground or something.
zebra-ccp
If I cared enough to write my own forum software, It would not be that hard to make a hybrid. A reddit-like algo for sorting all threads is only as difficult as writing a reddit-like algo. The "new posts" option is already halfway there.

For some reason, out of all the hundreds of different forum software and dozens of reddit-clones, none of them seemed to think this was a thing that could be done. While the majority seem to prefer the ease of use and "current topics only" style of reddit, a classical forum is objectively superior for handling more than a single topic.

But I already have a decentralized Social Media concept stalled in production because of the frustration in dealing with multiple platforms.

Joecool118

Commie Sniffing Dog
How about a meme forum? Somewhere to post funny stuff to get a laugh/ break from the political bullshit.

Rusty Canuckleford

DEI = Death of European Identity
Conspiracy Factologist
How about a meme forum? Somewhere to post funny stuff to get a laugh/ break from the political bullshit.
Joecool118
I think that should be included within each subforum - so we could have a section for US political memes, Canadian political memes, off-topic memes... etc. Makes it easier to navigate.

JordanPEDErson

Hard No.
Alberta Freedom Fighter
Were going to do a poll soon, just keep the suggestions coming I will add them all and we will pick top 5 or something.