Everyone Reading This Needs To Carry These Things:

D

Deleted member 394

I have no idea how the Boy Scouts are doing these days, I can only imagine the worst. It used to be a valuable and worthy institution that taught all kinds of useful skills.

"Be Prepared"

saymyname

Safe Space Counsellor
imagining the worst for scouting isnt that far off...i can only ASSume they have handled the scamdemic similarly to how guiding has, but pre-scamdemic, my interactions at joint events were generally mixed. mostly just depends on the leaders.

they are in desperate need of actual MEN to pass on manly shit, but instead they get a bunch of women (which is FINE, i'm not knocking it, since its definitely better to have a caring adult leading our youth than not!!) and are also open to girls. not a fan of that at all, but having been a part of guiding for the last bit, i can def see why some girls wouldnt want to participate in that shitshow. boys need proper male role models, which, again i ASSume, isnt coming because too many men are fearful of being accused of stupid shit or whatever.

guiding has become progressively more woke by the fucking day. i ASSume scouting has as well, but i would love to be wrong.

View previous replies…
D

Deleted member 394

"they are in desperate need of actual MEN to pass on manly shit"

Yes, yes they are. And seeing what has happened to Scouting, maybe this could be a viable option.

Growing up I had a Big Brother and I'm thankful for that.

CanadianAnonHere

Awake & Active
Unfortunately, Scouts Canada has had to disband many troops due to a few, very, very bad men. Many boys were molested over the course of many years. The whole nastiness of it has tarnished, most unfortunately, a very beneficial movement. I am not knowledgeable about instances with Guides, so I cannot comment. I can, however, comment on how much I loved Guides, and my brother became a Queen’s Scout. I knew one of the horrible Scout Masters, though, unfortunately. Quick and rapid karma on him. This may be why there are fewer and fewer “real men” acting as Mentors to the young men and boys. No troops, and faulty vetting procedures.

saymyname

Safe Space Counsellor
well, having been an adult member of guiding at various levels and a few other youth organizations, i ASSume, that like most other youth groups currently, they arent just letting any rando in, most likely in response to the pedo bullshit of the past. every youth group, guiding included, has had a criminal record check and interview process.

i know in this house i havent been able to convince the old man to volunteer with scouting or any other youth groups since, even though he is one of the most upstanding individuals i have ever known, he is beyond paranoid of even being alone with other people's children for the very reason that someone might even think something unsavoury. shit. when our kids were small he didnt even want to take them to the park without me for fear of someone thinking he's some perv and not a doting father. its fuct. and our society is worse off for it, since he has many great skills that he could be passing on to more than just his kids.

censorthisss

Based Member
@ImaPseudonym I'd sign up to be a big brother in a heartbeat, but I am worried about false accusations. Knowing that one kid could essentially ruin my life if he had a bad day and decided to take it out on me isn't a great feeling. What do you think about that?

saymyname

Safe Space Counsellor
@ImaPseudonym cadets has been a weird year or so...the teenager just aged out and all the covid shit has been done online, including some fake assed ftxs. so weird, but at least they are trying.

for the safety aspect of not putting yourself at risk, i would say cadets is a good option for volunteering as you are very rarely one on one with a kid. either more than one adult or more than one kid.