Username Banners

The Conservationist

Save The West
Resistance Is Not Futile
As many of you have probably noticed, some people has 'banners' underneath their usernames.

See, for example, my "Resistance Is Not Futile" banner:

Screenshot from 2021-07-01 17-02-47.png

Other current examples are Augusto's "Helicopter Enthusiast", Gunner's "The General", JP's "Alberta Freedom Fighter", Shit_Sandwhich77's "Racism Enforcement Officer", saymyname's "Safe Space Counseler", and, onEangrymillwright's "Maker Of Hammers".

If anyone else would like one, please leave a message on this thread, or, DM me, with the following information:

- 2-4 words for the banner (short & simple works best ... if 4 words, most need to have few letters)
- Your desired colour for the banner (see here for ideas ... you might want to consider which colour theme background you use most, for contrast purposes ... see
here for the various forum themes)

I may eventually be able to add one symbol to each side of the words as well (so probably keep it shorter if you want that), like the thread prefixes/flairs have, which are pulled from the free icons/symbols here. Won't be doing this yet, but it's something to keep in mind.

Banner borders (black, gold, or white) will likely be added to them as well, to help contrast with the various forum colour themes.

After a day or two of replies on this thread (or via DM), will make as many banners as were requested.

Last edited:

Joecool118

Commie Sniffing Dog
How about a grey with a green border to match the Lakeview theme, with, commie sniffing dog?

The Conservationist

Save The West
Resistance Is Not Futile
Sure thing.

Mind if I play around with the colours a bit?

Green (border) + gray (background) might not show up too well, but, Green (border) and faint/light green (background) could. Would check it to see what it's like with Lake View theme.

The Conservationist

Save The West
Resistance Is Not Futile
Done.

Went with your original request. Light gray background, lime green border trim. Please do let me know if you would like it adjusted.

The name does wrap around (when on full screen mode), will try to adjust the fontsize and/or size of the box to keep it all in one line later.

Screenshot from 2021-07-02 19-49-15.png

Tried shortening it to "Commie Sniff'n Dog", wasn't enough.

Lobotomizer

Click Clack
Dark Challenger
Can I have "Dark Challenger" written in yellow #ffff00 on a purple #7200ff
background with green trim #8dff00 Please & Thank you.

The Conservationist

Save The West
Resistance Is Not Futile
Done.

Screenshot from 2021-07-02 19-53-43.png

Will be adding it to all of the themes shortly (currently available on FCW Lake View).

Please do let me know if you want some tweaks to any of the colours.

⚆ _ ⚆

DON'T TREAD ON ME
Can I get the banner “DONT TREAD ON ME” with a yellow background and black font? Go with whatever border colour you think fits best. Bonus points if I can have the snake face like patriots.win

Thanks!

The Conservationist

Save The West
Resistance Is Not Futile
Done!

As for the snake, that'll have to wait for another day.

Once I figure out how to make much fancier thread flairs (like on Patriots), I assume that this will mostly transfer over to making fancier username banners too. The current scheme for adding icons to flairs, like a snake, doesn't have a free snake option available, unfortunately (and cost ~$100/year to subscribe to their 'pro' options ... I'd probably do it, if I weren't intending on making something better without their icons).

Last edited:

⚆ _ ⚆

DON'T TREAD ON ME
Much appreciated!

If you guys ever want to do some crowdfunding for more features / site updates, don't be shy. $100 isn't a lot of money especially if there's 5-10 of us who chip in.

Cheers.

The Conservationist

Save The West
Resistance Is Not Futile
My pleasure.

$100 isn't a lot of money ...
Agreed.

It's more-so a thing of being wasteful, given we would probably abandon that upgraded icon package within a few months once I get around to figuring out the fancier flairs (that ranks about 4-6 in our list of priorities at the moment).

The 'upgraded' icons would be of similar quality of the current flair icons, with many more available.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1020

Hey I am finally back on the forum. New user name - no more Full MJ reference. Anyway -

Can you please make my banner say "trust me".

Be sure to include the " " in it so it gives it kind of a creepy/sarcastic/Dr. Evil vibe. We here know that in the real world everytime the media and politicians tout the phrase "trust the science" it means 'no actual science required - nothing to see here'.

Last edited by a moderator:

AbleistSL

Critter in my basement
Colourblind Unfriendly
"so ableist you can't read this"

grey box hex id: #323232

black text hex id: #000000

The Conservationist

Save The West
Resistance Is Not Futile
At that length, it'll wrap into two lines.
Would you still like that message, or, a shortened version?

View previous replies…

The Conservationist

Save The West
Resistance Is Not Futile
@AbleistSL
Done.
Seems short enough, on laptop (full screen & half screen, Brave browser, 100% zoom).

The words are a bit hard to read with the black letters and darker grey background.
Would you like a lighter font colour (or white)?

Rusty Canuckleford

Pocket sand!
Conspiracy Factologist
“Conspiracy Factologist”
Colour #ff7b00
Text #edfcff

Rusty Canuckleford

Pocket sand!
Conspiracy Factologist
View previous replies…

SveetGrilledEels

Fear and Loathing in Queerbec
Ça va mal en criss
Y'all still doing this?

I'd like to have....

First line: Ça va mal
Second line: en criss

Text in white #ffffff on dark blue #003399 with white border #ffffff.