Discussion Emergency Car Kit

TMoney

I'm putting together an emergency kit for my car incase of getting stuck, a break down, or getting lost. I'm wondering if you guys have any "kits" you keep with you at all times. Here's what I've put together so far:

- 16" Forest Hatchet (https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/sho...00503-gransfors-small-forest-axe?item=48U0503)
- Jumper Cables
- Matches / Lighter
- Fixed Blade Knife w/ Sheath & Ferro Rod (https://www.rangeviewsports.ca/prod...craft-knife-with-leather-dangler-loop-sheath/)
- 20' of Poly Rope
- Sleeping Bag (https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/...g-bag-w-compression-sack-0c-0765436p.html#srp)
- Blanket
- 3 MREs
- 10' x 10' Poly Tarp

Maybe we can put together a FCW recommended car kit for anyone that doesn't have one. I don't mind updating the thread with recommendations and links to said products.

Upvote 6

H!llb!lly

Based Member
-Tire plug kit
-air pump/compressor and tire guage
-Tow rope/chain
-Flash light
-basic tool box (wrenches, vice grips, screwdrivers, ratchet, sockets, etc....)
-tea candles
-jack that isn't a Widowmaker
-wire of sorts
-duct tape
-gloves and socks

I could keep going lol, all my main rigs are full of shit, I live out in the boonies and it's a long ways to anywhere, aside from that I drive beater shit boxes, never know what might come in handy. I don't give a fuck if it looks like I live in them when I get to town lol.

LaughingAxe

Based Member
1) Looking at original list seems like you are concerned with being cold. A mylar double sided emergency blanket is a good addition for retaining heat plus they are cheap and dont take up much room.

2) I have a combo flashlight / seatbelt cutter / window smasher / utility knife combo that is stored in sunglass holder, reachable by both driver/passenger.

3) Water

4) A shovel in winter

Everything already mentioned.

Red-Pilled

A Pandemic of the Vaccinated
Assuming a cold climate: in addition to the above - suitable gloves/ mittens and headgear for the temperatures
Good flashlight

I think I am way past a kit but I keep all the following

-Full Size Spare, Tire repair Kit, 12V Air compressor, Jack, Tire Iron
-Tow Strap
-Flashlight
-Sleeping Bag & Emergency Blankets
-Water bottles and some non-perishable snacks
-Winter Clothes(Insulated Bib Overalls, Extra Gloves, Toques, Scarves, Winter Boots)
-Knife/Windows breaker/seatbelt cutter
-Shovel
-Deck of cards and some compact board games.
-Sunglasses

Beyond the basics
-Relevant Maps
-Always enough fuel to get back to a safe place with people I trust
-A couple various tarps, tarp straps, and ratchet straps, Tri-Ball with hook.
-Hatchet, Various General Tools, Duct Tape, Tape Measure
-Binoculars
-Work Gloves, Safety Glasses, Ear plugs (I have actually been glad to have these a few times)
-Engine Oil, Anti-Freeze, Windshield Washer Fluid
-Matches, Lighter, and Fire Starter
-Change of Clothes
-Both metric and Imperial universal lug nut wrenches (more for other people in a pinch than myself)
-Fire Extinguisher

Things I don't have but should
-Decent First aid kit
-Spare pair of glasses

I imagine I am missing some things on this list.

FYI if you have a 2009 or newer F150 you can actually fold the back seat forward and there is space for something(s) long and slender.
I keep my fishing rods back here in a rod tube in the summer.

Maybe my tinfoil hat is getting a little to tight but I keep a lot of stuff in the truck all the time and it definitely gives me some piece of mind.

Last edited:

TMoney

Definitely a solid list. Will definitely add to my kit with some of these items, thank you for your suggestion.