Announcement Some Recent Changes To FCW

For FCW community announcements

The Conservationist

Save The West
Resistance Is Not Futile
As you may have noticed, there are some recent changes to FreeCanada today.

First, we are making most of the threads non-viewable to lurkers/people-not-logged in.

See details here:
(Please do not comment there, I will be locking the thread when I've finished adding to it).

Second, the FCW Telegram has been taken offline.
We do not have the time to mod that as closely as we would need to, under the current circumstances, thus making it a liability.

Third, a more minor change, but we've updated the criteria for 'New Member', 'Active Member', 'Well-Known Member', and so forth.
This is to make it a bit easier for everyone to identify who is 'new'.

These choices are being made with the intention of keeping the community together, with as little disruption as possible.

This has been the case with every other moderation decision we've made, since the creation of FreeCanada.

As per usual, please do take any privacy precautions that you find necessary (e.g., VPN, Tor, etc.).

Last edited:

Reeenorseman

Government get out! ReEEeeEE!!!
ReeEEe Master
@Gunner667 and myself created the FreeCanada.win Telegram.

Everyone is extremely frustrated with the current state of Canada and understandably so.

There was an increase in fedposting and we decided it was best to focus our resources on this forum.

Our time and energy is better spent here.

You can view the channel on TG:

Thanks, guys. I was actually thinking about how the well-known member status seemed too easy to "get". Good choices all around I think.

If I'm no longer "well known", I am going to have to post more :D

NewfieMan709

Well everything sounds reasonable, keep up the good work. I want this site to get massive, it seems to be full or normal people with what I think are basic ideas of living. I'm glad it's not like Ham's "Omega Canada" where we are/were banned for wrong think. If I do something that may be bad image for this site please by all means time me out or remove my post but explain why I am wrong. I am just so passionate about Canada and the way this country is heading is not what I think to be right, no matter your political views you have to realize something is not right. All the best guys!

jason73

Based Member
it was a necessary move and for the best .it takes 2 seconds for some traitor to fedpost and screenshot something before it can be modded . by then the damage is done . hope we can get the tele back in better times . it was a great place for info and memes. i hope that traffic comes to the mainboard now

DankRunner

Shitlord
I think I was already trying to caution against the use of telegram (back when I was around as the most super of autists, for those who still remember me), but regardless for instant messaging probably taking the time to setup an XMPP instance would be more futureproof (and actually private).

...Now back to lurking (while logged in) and rarely posting :phighenergy

Last edited:

Bubbles

Fuck yeah bro someone who understand the potential of XMPP.

Problem is, it's a bit unfriendly for people on the first go.

I still think even a public XMPP server that's compliant and well trusted is way better than any other chat platform that's out in the open/

View previous replies…

DankRunner

Shitlord
Yeah any XMPP server is probably still better than all of these other centralized platforms everyone is still using (that includes matrix/telegram that advertise decentralization but conduct themselves in a centralized manner), XMPP has been around almost forever now for a reason :pduckyeehaw

Bubbles

Oh btw, I've actually contributed to matrix code (one of the clients).

It's meh. Not only is matrix rough around the edges and like you mentioned boasts decentralization but is currently in a very centralized state, the organizational force behind matrix is also extremely deeply flawed and probably even compromised (grifters, possible links to Israeli intelligence). Not at all suitable for our purposes.

JordanPEDErson

Hard No.
Alberta Freedom Fighter
With all that being said I am looking into a self hosted end to end encrypted chat that seems promising. I do like free flow chat some times and its good to just have somewhere to bullshit.

DankRunner

Shitlord
I'm pretty well studied in the criteria you're listing, so here's a couple recommendations to look into as well if you want (for thee record I've never actually setup an XMPP instance):

- XMPP (prosody is easier to setup, ejabberd is full power at your disposal) with OMEMO or OTR encryption (OTR is what everyone really should be using, but since not everyone here is a filthy nerd like myself, OMEMO is the next best thing
- Mumble (if you don't care about chat retention and/or want voice chat, which is also E2EE)

I'm sure I can come up with a few more if you'd like, but honestly just stay away from the likes of matrix/telgram/signal if you're looking for self hosted E2EE solutions (I'm talking about actual all or nothing E2EE, not end to server encrypted like telegram for example, or selectively encrypting contents).

AUGUSTO_PINOCHET

FREE HELICOPTER RIDES INQUIRE WITHIN
Helicopter Enthusiast

First, we are making most of the threads non-viewable to lurkers/people-not-logged in.

See details here:
(Please do not comment there, I will be locking the thread when I've finished adding to it).

We do not have the time to mod that as closely as we would need to, under the current circumstances, thus making it a liability.

Third, a more minor change, but we've updated the criteria for 'New Member', 'Active Member', 'Well-Known Member', and so forth.

These choices are being made with the intention of keeping the community together, with as little disruption as possible.

This has been the case with every other moderation decision we've made, since the creation of FreeCanada.

As per usual, please do take any privacy precautions that you find necessary (e.g., VPN, Tor, etc.).
The ConservationistWell Done Lads. Onwards and Upwards, eh??

You guys need to make a strictly news article and meme site for the older folks who just don’t care for forums but want the news of our generations.

There are lots of them out there.

The Conservationist

Save The West
Resistance Is Not Futile
Like, without any discussion of the articles/memes?
Straight up thread posts, with no comments allowed?

Neutral_admin

See details here:

The ConservationistAlright.

You get to live another day.

Lucky you.

DEUS_VULT

Based Member
I like the updates! I like the Eagle pepe better then the beer pepe . Also I was wondering when the background would change from the fall colors. I spell check here still underlines colours and other Canadian spelling, but everything else seems like a good improvement to what is already a good solid website forum.

Glad I already made my account a little while ago, normally I don't like sites that require me to have one, but in this case I think the current situation warrants it. Leftists & feds are no doubt paying attention to sites like this now looking for anything they can use against us, so requiring an account, while it might be a small barrier, it should deter the bulk of them.
Also I'm not sure if its a new feature or not, but I like the profile banners.

JordanPEDErson

Hard No.
Alberta Freedom Fighter
They have been around for a while, anyone who has been active for a while is free to ask for one!

No, the banner I'm talking about is the background one that's visible when you hover over somebody's profile picture. I don't remember being able to do that when I set up my account before, but maybe I just missed it.

joeguy

Matrix has it's issues but the server-side media hosting is it's killer feature. XMPP doesn't have that. You can mitigate some of the security concerns by not using an "identity server", which is a totally optional component of a homeserver. A benefit of Matrix is that rooms are not owned by any server, but just a shared state among all relevant servers.

bighotbaconizer

See details here:

The ConservationistYou guys are doing great and this is the best place on the internet. Let us know how we can help, either through donations or with tech skills or whatever.