Unions have been awful.

F41TH

PSAC-AFPC

UTE-SEI

I was so upset seeing the psac news and frustrated to not know who came up with loaded message intended to sway members opinions I had to post the link.
I am trying to collect some good links to send the media contact illustrating how false their message is about the convoy attacking racialized people. The swastika flag was there one day, at the Laurier hotel, Confederate one seems a similar suspect display. Indian, Romanian and Chinese individuals all chastising the gov. for being in the wrong and happy to show support for truckers in Ottawa.
If anyone else thinks the PSAC got it wrong, please be sure to tell them.

Upvote 12

OswaldMosley

A New Machine
Modern unions are simply another enforcement agency for crony capitalism and another pig at the trough chowing down on your tax dollars and union fees. They use that money to actively work against their own members on behalf of the government and corporations. They did not stand against offshoring jobs. They did not stand against immigrant workers. They did not stand against any and every scheme these entities used to strip rights and jobs away from Canadian workers.

At this point they're just another money laundering scheme for the powers that be.

Main Street

My former union, Unifor, stole our union dues and redirected them to Justin Trudeau.

As for our local, a worker would come up to the union president describing some thing a manager did to them. The President would huff and puff tell the worker "That manager, he's a cocksucker, always has been. Don't worry, I'll take care of it."

Then the President would sit down at the cafeteria with that manager for their meeting to discuss the incident, and would be laughing away with one another like they were friends for years.

President would come back to the worker and say, "Well so I talked to the manager, and the thing is, if you read the contract in this light, at this exact angle, under a microscope, it turns out they *can* do the thing it says they're not allowed to do. I fought for you, though."

F41TH

UTE was my first and only union and it was really nice having paid vacation and sick time for the first time ever. I feel like they are just giving lip service to my policy grievance now, but was glad someone signed it and it is being heard. PSAC keeps posting the terrible stuff and sadly they do seem to represent the majority of coworkers I left behind. After seeing that news thing I wanted out of the union but have the ongoing grievance, pointless though it may be, so am just trying to make note of this stuff to use in that process.

Smeg

PSAC-AFPC

UTE-SEI

I was so upset seeing the psac news and frustrated to not know who came up with loaded message intended to sway members opinions I had to post the link.
I am trying to collect some good links to send the media contact illustrating how false their message is about the convoy attacking racialized people. The swastika flag was there one day, at the Laurier hotel, Confederate one seems a similar suspect display. Indian, Romanian and Chinese individuals all chastising the gov. for being in the wrong and happy to show support for truckers in Ottawa.
If anyone else thinks the PSAC got it wrong, please be sure to tell them.
F41THunions.jpeg

D

Deleted member 1092

@F41TH @Main Street
WHY DO YOU GUYS JOIN THESE STUPID UNIONS rather than independent contracting.
BOTTUM OF THE BARREL, VOLUNTARY SLAVES

Last edited by a moderator:

F41TH

Automatic enrollment after 3 months of employment. I think there is a way to divert your dues if you have a religious objection but I just went ahead with joining to try it out. When in Rome they say, or in this case when a federal agency hires you. I still think the idea of a union seems good but in practice I found mine to be wanting. In the case of vaccine mandates I did hope for more that has not materialized. I would potentially join another union though, I am hopelessly optimistic.

D

Deleted member 1092

HOLY DOGSHIT WHAT IS KIJIJI
HOLY DOGSHIT WHAT IS YELLOWPAGES

WHAT IS SPAMMING CARDS TO EVERY BUILDER IN TOWN

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 1092

1350990895.jpg

HI DIDDLY DEE
A CUCKOLD'S LIFE FOR ME!

Beers2Freedom

FREEDOM IS A CHOICE, choose wisely.
Unions have always been notorious for corruption.

Union members are all brainwashed slaves. It's funny listening to them say, "but...but...they're on my side".

Typical Communist garbage. Don't worry proletarian, we have your back against the evil bourgeoise.

2019 Election Unifor called themselves "the Resistance" against Andrew Sheer and the Conservatives. They wanted that $600 Million Trudeau promised them.

UFCW401 called all of their union members prior to both the 2019 and 2021 election to tell them who to vote for. They said "Vote Liberal".

hugh_madd

Based Member
Unifor fucked their members, who for the most part are good, honest people, to grandstand against the Cons. The membership did not fail to notice any of this, I still talk to some of the people from the union (moved on to another employer myself) and it's still fresh in their memories and they still feel pretty raw about it.

⚆ _ ⚆

DON'T TREAD ON ME
CUPE fucked me out of a job I had for 12 years. "All the other municipalities are doing it so I don't see the issue" and my personal favourite "you're not being forced to take it you have a choice".

Placed on an unpaid leave for 90 days then I was told they needed to fill the position and gave me another two weeks to cave before terminating me "with cause".

Now I'm reading the province might say fuck it on March 1st.

:ree