Information FYI, don't order anything by mail if you can avoid it.

chuckufarlie

This weekend is the start of Canada Post vaccine mandate. Last I heard the rumours swirling around were that something like 12000 to 16000 posties have not yet attested. Yes, a bunch will probably cave, but there will still be a lot that will not, and CPC cannot possibly hire and train enough replacements in time.

Furthermore, all of the mail that moves across the country is done via contractors. As of Monday, Canada Post is requiring all 'visitors' to their premises to be fully vaxxed -- that includes truck drivers. So all of those drivers for Bison, Maritime Ontario, Manitoulin Transport, etc, etc, will have to be vaxxed. The dispatchers of those companies might just need to let some loads sit in a yard somewhere until the next fully vaxxed driver becomes available.

So... a combination of not enough staff to deliver, and mail sitting in yards due to a lack of fully vaxxed truck drivers, and I predict that mail is going to be very slow for at least the next few months.

I could be wrong about this, but all I know is I'm not ordering anything any time soon.

Upvote 12

chuckufarlie

CUPW's cease and desist has failed, the arbitrator has ruled Canada Post may go ahead with their vaccine mandate. So looks like mail delivery will be even more of a shit-show than usual starting next week. (I know it might seem hard to believe that is true, but trust me, it is).