Deranged lunatic Suzuki further loses his mind

TrueNorth77

Ad Conteram Incantatores
Staff Member

“We cannot go on having a food chain that is 6,000 or 7,000 miles long,” he said. “We’re a northern country, why the hell are we able to buy fresh tomatoes and lettuce and fresh fruit 12 months a year? We’ve got to start living in a way that reflects the place that we live.”
You will eat pine needles boiled in snow and you will like it.

Upvote 46

JuliusSqueezer

Medieval History and Weapons Enthusiast
Retarded. All of these people are retarded.

Just ignore them and they’ll go away. If they don’t up and fuck off and actually do start blowing up pipelines, well, that defeats the purpose of protecting the environment and that oil spillage will be on their hands.

Then we can laugh at them.

JuanTitor

The American

TrueNorth77Let's get this guy to live stream every single meal he eats. Not pictures, but him actually eating it, to see how strongly he really believes what he preaches. Somehow I doubt he is eating salt-preserved deer and potatoes all winter, and in fact bet he is simultaneously against hunting.

hugh_madd

TrueNorth77He's definitely going to lead by example, right? I mean, he's the one with the private jet, I'm not that concerned about my carbon footprint, especially relatively speaking.

KindaScaredinBC

Mr. Suzuki has five children.

For one so concerned about the impact human beings are having on the environment, I'm surprised.

He wants us to pull out of pipeline development, but he certainly didn't pull out of his wife, now did he?

crisisactor

He's not completely wrong: bringing veg from Mexico are a big problem. It's part of the Walmart food model that we need to eliminate from our consumption patterns.

“We cannot go on having a food chain that is 6,000 or 7,000 miles long,” he said. “We’re a northern country, why the hell are we able to buy fresh tomatoes and lettuce and fresh fruit 12 months a year? We’ve got to start living in a way that reflects the place that we live.” DS

Buy local, support locals. Suzuki's feelings are not hugely important here because it's something we need to do for ourselves just like disaster preparedness. Depending on California and Mexico for food is ridiculous and unsustainable.

View previous replies…

AUGUSTO_PINOCHET

FREE HELICOPTER RIDES INQUIRE WITHIN
Helicopter Enthusiast
I tend to agree. I'm a chef. I don't give a fuck about avocados or bullshit.

I'd love to cook as local as possible, but stupid fucks have certain expectations. It's not as easy as "stop ordering stuff that's not from Canada"

I follow this...

Local
Provincial
National

There's no lemons that grown in Canada, so I'm not writing those off. And no one around here knows what verjus is, so I cant even use that.

Anyways. I agree. But it's not that simple.

Rusty Canuckleford

⭐️Keeper of truths⭐️
Staff Member
That makes veganism impossible, because they have to ship in all these exotic foods to get enough nutrition.

So much for “meat is bad for the planet” lol

View previous replies…
I actually agree with you, and him, in a way. We are working towards growing more stuff and being more local with what we eat. HOWEVER what pisses me off is the hypocrisy. It’s never the rich people who have to make sacrifices. It’s always the middle class on down that are expected to live like peasants.

Crossroads

This is why I started gardening. I wanted to learn what can and can't grow during the growing season up here. I was thinking of getting a heated greenhouse to supply myself over the winter, but for now I am content on experimenting. I managed to get some pickling cucumbers, beefsteak tomatoes, carrots, and potatoes this year to grow. THe watermelons grew too slow and weren;t redy when October came around, Cauliflower and broccoli didn;t flower at all. GOing to do peppers, onions, garlic, pumpkins, and corn next year.

EDIT: I live in Southern Ontario, right on the edge of Lake Erie. If anyone can give me some pointers, that would be grand.