Storm warnings for the Maritimes

Syrinx

Home To Tear The Temples Down
So with the recent BC floods and supply chain issues, I'm questioning this a bit.

What are the odds a storm will fuck up east coast shipping and supply as well?

Well, we might find out. Being told now by government to have at least 72 hours of food, water, gas, etc.

For anyone(most of you I assume) not in the area, here's one of the articles about the storm:

https://globalnews.ca/news/8387969/ns-nb-weather-statement-torrential-rain/

Last edited:
Upvote 13

Zanzibarbarian

So with the recent BC floods and supply chain issues, I'm questioning this a bit.

What are the odds a storm will fuck up east coast shipping and supply as well?

Well, we might find out. Being told now by government to have at least 72 hours of food, water, gas, etc.

For anyone(most of you I assume) not in the area, here's one of the articles about the storm:

https://globalnews.ca/news/8387969/ns-nb-weather-statement-torrential-rain/
SyrinxGotta say I've slept through worse storms. This morning I saw a lamp post and a few road signs that were blown down, but that's about it. The waves were as big as I've seen when I was up late at night, but the construction sites are up and going this morning even though it's raining. Meh.

Unless the supply chain issues are completely contrived, I don't think the storm itself will be responsible for any significant disruptions.

Anyone living out here should be stocked up, especially if you're rural. I'm with you there.

And for sure, I'm suspicious too, and maybe the storm will be used as a pretext, but this one was unremarkable in HRM.

Syrinx

Yeah it turned out that way.

They built it up to be a lot bigger, articles about needing to prep for days of no power, gas, etc, plus the timing. Turned out to be a nothing burger

Eh, sometimes i can still be a little tinfoil hat like. Haha

Last edited:
View previous replies…

Syrinx

Wait, nothingburger where I am. But up toward Cape Breton got fucked. Lol
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-32363927.jpeg

Zanzibarbarian

I'd chock it up to weather networks sensationalizing whatever they can get their hands on to boost clicks. I've basically stopped paying attention to the weather at all because looking outside is no worse at helping me predicting how the day is gonna to. I swear they called for thunderstorms several times this summer and literally nothing came of it.

If they knew in advance and "minor local flooding in Cape Breton" was their only headline, what kind of news would that make?

It's getting increasingly ridiculous how they present things... "Polar vortex" "Snowpocalypse" "ARCTIC BOMB!" etc etc. I think they sit around the break room hashing out hyperbolic new catchphrases in an attempt to go viral. They probably have yearly award galas at the Hyatt announcing best best new hype lol