Discussion Seeking Input - Forming Communities

LaughingAxe

Based Member
I have been discussing with my own dwindling circle of like-minded friends the idea of relocating and forming some sort of community operating out or close to outside of mainstream society. Most of us are in central to north AB and are seeing the writing on the wall with how things are degrading. Many of us also are witnessing our extended family in BC deal with their current issues so our conversation has amplified over the last few days. That being said id like to open up this thread with the intent of generating some ideas and feedback, possibly ones we have missed.

Because even though we agree on the problem and discuss how bad it could get, we still seem at a stand-still. It seems that all of us, and especially our wives, have different standards, goals, wants and needs. Dream homes, community sports, closeness to Costco to name a few. And even the people who I would have noted were the committed, seem to have a lot of sugar plum fairy delusions about things like zoning, subdivision, or just in general the reality of opting out of parts or the entirety of the system.

The more self-sufficient, the less leverage society can apply. If society seeks to apply unjust provisions then to me it makes sense to limit their impact and effect on me and my family. Of course it would make sense to dismantle unjust systems but im law abiding and would never suggest that nor seek to implicate others in foolishness (!) and i honestly, as someone who has experienced a limited glimpse into warzones and conflict, know that most people arent there yet.

Of course 100% self-sufficiency is not obtainable or even desirable to many. Having lived in a semi-remote area over the last two years, I have an understanding for the reality and the amount of work required. But still its a goal or journey of mine to get to the highest level of it.

Looking forward to hearing some thoughts of yours. Some questions:

-What needs would have to be satisfied for you to join a community?

-What wants?

-What are the dealbreakers?

-if money wasnt an issue, what would it look like? Amish with guns and no wooden buttons? Beards w mustaches? You get it

Upvote 30

evolenmity

Based Member
This is my goal also. We need to separate from government and form our own community. There is only the bush to go into because the world has been conquered and explored already. I want 100% out of society and nothing to do with it. I do not want to pay taxes or take from govnmt even though I paid high taxes for it my whole life.

Last edited:

LaughingAxe

Based Member
It dawned on me a while ago that there truly is nowhere else to go. In the 1800s my ancestors came here with some other families. Now you can get some level of isolation but you are still connected. There is no frontier

I agree. Fuck taxes. Im actively looking for counties with the least taxes. Failing that, if 50 people went in together, then voted for 1 of them as council member, then thats part of the solution. I think my current divisions incumbent councillor got 70 votes and won. The give a fuck on local politics is really low so organized communities could dominate it easily

JuanTitor

The American
Around where I am in California, there is a large church (over 10,000) on the border of two cities, both in the 80,000-100,000 population range. The pastor always tells his church very strongly to vote, passes out things that basically tell them who to vote for, so that church essentially controls local elections for both cities. Thus the mayors, city council, and school board are all solid.

Obviously not many places have any single united community that big, but I still bet most cities in Alberta, even medium sized ones, have enough people to form some sort of united front for local elections outside the political parties. It would take someone clever to solidify some network, but I believe it can be done

Don't let yourself be relegated to the bush. Make them accept a community as close to their cities as possible and as strategic for you as possible.

In the bush, there are no witnesses to whatever they feel necessary. Public opinion will always play a role in anything that comes our way.

They can only do so much before people look and think "I'm next".

Edit: The location you choose should allow for expansion from others who will eventually reach "I've had enough".

Last edited:

LaughingAxe

Based Member
Thats a real smart take.

Establish presence. Not just geographically but within the minds of the public. It is impossible to hide, or to avoid completely, therefore choose to present counter narrative.

That presence and closeness is in a way a protective layer.

And even though the goal could be to not be leveraged by the state, there still has to be a bridge from the old to the new. It could just be a very narrow, heavily guarded bridge

D

Deleted member 108

Hello, local asshole chiming in.

Most people cannot function without their fucking cell phones attached like a leash. As much as a break from society and rebuild sounds like a great idea. It would work for around two hours before people start escaping back to the cities to connect with a cell phone tower. Technology effectively ruined any chance of truly returning to nature since it is now a part of humanity.

Now I am sure "conservatives" are less addicted to phones as communists are. But we need to be honest that there is an addiction. And that won't be kicked cold turkey. Also yes, "they" know that as well.

So if people cannot function without a phone, how would they function in the bush? Yeah. Unpleasant truths hit the hardest.

You're welcome.

View previous replies…

The Conservationist

Save The West
Resistance Is Not Futile
I imagine many rural places would still have cell service, albeit, not as good of signal.

View previous replies…

LaughingAxe

Based Member
Yea there is an addiction. You arent wrong that most people would be jonesing for their dopamine hit. I dont want most people though. And I, like others, will gladly take it, throw it on airplane mode and fucking toss it somewhere for several hours.

I also dont necessarily see forming community as a complete rejection of society. Id still use power, use things that bring advantage. Phones .. Sure. Just if someone was TikToking id cave their head in is all.

LaughingAxe

Based Member
I didnt really know about SIP but I can see how it would be valuable.

My cell signal where im at is bad. I just use landline (VOIP) and then sattelite. Not a huge impact but i guess it could be for some folks. Something to think about anyway

Neutral_admin

@neoV265 I'm on freedom mobile. I live in a cell phone black hole. I mean phone calls work ok, most of the time, but data sucks, except for my wi-fi.

Moving to a rural area, I would have to curb my piracy, but I guess then I'll have to start stocking up on books. I would not like an internet free life, not at first, but like all things I've given up long term, after an initial ouch period, you miss it less and less.

RightOfSask

Ga$$light R Us, Joyful Patriot Jabber
@Neutral_admin With companies investing in satellite internet, this will be a thing of the past very soon. I already know a couple of people who live out in the boondocks and got Starlink. And they get decent bandwidth.

LaughingAxe

Based Member
Great post....learning a lot about different ways to communicate.

Ive always been told to have primary, alternate, contingency and emergency forms of communication so grateful to learn more about other methods

evolenmity

Based Member
The ones who are TRULY done with society have no attachments. You can take all I have, IDGAF. This is why I mock the ones who pretend they are anti vaxxx and anti mask but simultaneously wear masks at work and when they go shopping. These people are weak and won't take much more to make them comply. They use excuses like "well my kids like walmart". FUCKING EMBARASSING. Your excuses are your kids? No you're just weak. These people accept "covid testing" to keep their jobs. That is one step closer to the complete compliance which they will fall to. We don't want weak excuse makers in our community. They are the problem.

LaughingAxe

Based Member
Ive ran into this as well.

A certain standard or intolerance needs to exist. If there was an opposing counter position or culture or society to government/media threats and propaganda then more people would disobey mandates. But there generally isn't one and people see themselves as individuals up agaisnt the 'all powerful' state.

The wheat and the chaff.

Those capable of disowning their phones without a second thought are those who will be capable of creating a self sufficient societies.

I give zero fucks about losing any of today's technology. It's all controlled by the fucks who brought this all down on all of us in the first place.

The answer for everyone else "come with me if you want to live."

The slave vs the Free.

As you say, there are many who will choose slavery. I'd rather not have a slave minded type living next to me anyway.

D

Deleted member 108

I've performed experiments in the past. Seeing who still uses Facebook, Twitter and the like. And the addiction is not going away.

Rusty Canuckleford

I really wish I weren’t here right now!
Conspiracy Factologist
Saving this thread for later. I might want to start one for my area.
I don’t know enough about prepping yet so it’ll just be for community meetups

FreedomTruth

Truth shall make you free.
Rural central to north AB is already one of the more based areas in Canada, with around 12-13% voting for PPC.

How detatched from society is it going to take? Ontario wants to implement a new Digital ID in October 2022. I don't think I want to participate in that, and it may be connected to the jabs. Will I no longer have a driver's license? What if all the banking institutions require jabs? What if I need it to buy food and gas?

I would literally need to be off grid. Fully self-sufficient. Food, electricity, water. In the long term I would have to make my own clothes. Butcher my meat and tan my leather. If anything broke I'd have to fix it myself.

But then, if I'm deemed a "public health threat" what does all that matter?

The point of a community would be to say "No, we are not enforcing those laws here." To collectively stand up to the bullies. To say clearly "the emperor has no clothes."

And if that fails, a community can support each other as we slide into a dystopian world that may leave the outsiders with 1800's tech and the rich enclaves with high tech full surveillance "you own nothing and are happy" slaves.

LaughingAxe

Based Member
Im in one of those places and I am grateful for that. Run into a lot of good people but am concerned unless more effort to delineate perimeter and boundaries are made, those numbers will bleed.

I am basically of the same mind you are. Im thinking that a community would realistically need or have access to some vaccinated supporter who could interact and get supplies as needed. Im definitely not interested in digital all-in-one ID that will probably be connected to vaccine status.

The point of community to say no. To mean as I interpret that community is a rock, an assurance that your way is protected. I read that and thought of Waco, where the Emperor proved he did have clothes. Id argue our Emperor up here doesnt have clothes or any desire to get them. In my career ive seen it get more risk adverse not less. 'Stay safe' is a poor way of conducting war but its our operational mantra! Also Waco and others just tells me physical colocation is still a bad idea.

I think the future is between those two options. In that sense the idea is to be considered 'not worth the blood and treasure' by those who would seek to make us comply

Red-Pilled

A Pandemic of the Vaccinated
If you don't have internet and cell coverage I'm not joining..
images

FreedomTruth

Meanwhile, I am aware of groups who would be thrilled to have a "no wireless" community.

And to truly avoid surveillance, that would be the way to go. Hard-wire phone lines only, at maximum.

FreedomTruth

I agree with setting up a new municipality or taking over one. There are still unorganized townships in northern Ontario, I believe.

D

Deleted member 689

Proximity to big box stores and whatnot isn't a concern. It just requires a change in shopping habits. Instead of popping into Costco on the way home from work, you just plan to make a larger shopping trip every 2 weeks or whatever. It requires planning instead of impulsive buying. Most Canadians are impulsive, low IQ retards, so the swap seems more daunting than it really is. Modern living promotes impulsive behavior, and many don't realize they've been conditioned.

The average normie wants their entire life's needs to be accessible in a few square blocks with some travel opportunities in between. That's how modern urban living is set up.

Last edited by a moderator:

LaughingAxe

Based Member
It is a concern for some. It just needs to be replaced with a proposition that says 'never push a grocery cart again. Never wait in line again'.

Id contract it out or get a couple folks to drive a cube van every couple weeks to do resupply for all

ChevChelios

Digital Anarchist
I think anyone who is still thinking about Costco or cellphones is forgetting that these things are not going to exist in a Great Reset/Agenda 2030 future, or at least not in anything like their current form -- big-box stores will wither and die thanks to supply-chain failures, hyperinflation, attrition of workers due to sickness, and the gradual abolition of property rights; cellphones will become unusable as both voice and text communications are increasingly monitored and censored, and the internet itself will be almost entirely made up of websites parroting globohomo propaganda.

There are only two choices facing us, and both are far from ideal: retreat to a rural area and live a very basic type of existence at a far remove from society, and hope that totalitarianism will eventually collapse under the weight of its own contradictions; or fight back and possibly die trying. But the way of life we have always known -- that of comfort and cleanliness and consumerism -- is very soon not going to be an option for most of us until the Leviathan is finally defeated

View previous replies…
D

Deleted member 689

I prefer retreating to the rural way of life. I viewed modern, urban and suburban consumerist living as ridiculous long before covid. It will collapse eventually anyways as there simply aren't enough resources on Earth to sustain western consumerist living in perpetuity. If we were to fight to "reclaim" Canada, what would we really be fighting for? A dying way of life that really, actually deserves to die.

I'd prefer to exist in a parallel society with less creature comforts than fight to perpetuate a degenerate one doomed to eventually fail.

Red-Pilled

A Pandemic of the Vaccinated
@ChevChelios "There are only two choices facing us, and both are far from ideal: retreat to a rural area and live a very basic type of existence at a far remove from society, and hope that totalitarianism will eventually collapse under the weight of its own contradictions; or fight back and possibly die trying."

There is only one option in the Great reset scenario - retreat to a sufficiently remote area, that it's not worth their trouble. Unless a serious amount of Canada's military (and it's leaders) are against such a new power system you won't stand a chance fighting, it would be a massacre.

View previous replies…

RightOfSask

@neoV265
there are no minimum wage standards for farm work
There absolutely are minimum wage standards for farm work. And during harvest, you will find that farms pay even more than minimum wage.

Unless you let your kids "work" for you.

Last edited:

RightOfSask

Most agricultural and farm type workers do not have the same rights to minimum hours of work and wages as other workers in Ontario.
They kinda do, because everytime you have exceptions for minimum wage standards you also have this footnote:

You are generally entitled to minimum wage. However, your employer can pay you less than minimum wage if:

you are paid on a piece work basis and the rate is high enough that you could earn at least minimum wage with reasonable effort, or
your employer gives you room and board and your employer deducts the costs from your pay (your employer cannot deduct more than the maximum amounts set out in O. Reg. 285/01)

Source:

I don't know a single farm worker which makes less than minimum wage, even those guest workers from Mexico. I work in this industry.

RightOfSask

@neoV265 Or maybe you turn around, say "fuck you" to the government and become the best version of you for you. And on the day this happens you will have something worth to die for.
The farming industry is FULL of protection from government in Ontario.
Of course it is. Like almost any industry politicians can virtue signal about.
And please tell me why ANY farmer would still be using Monsanto products in the day and age of socalled knowledge.
Because they have good products that make farmers money. And money speaks louder than morals no one cares about. People don't care if the bread they pick up at Costco is made with Monsanto products or not. Why should the farmer care?

Last edited:

LaughingAxe

Based Member
Option to lesve or fight but there is also option to leave in order to be able to fight. As in, create the foundation and production / logistical capabilities to support future operations. And in the event us or the US ends up balkanizing that would be a huge advantage to already have it all set up

RoboticMedia

I'm in my early 30s in suburbia and have pets,elderly parents, live a few minutes walk from milk and eggs kind of groceries and 5-15 minutes drive away gets major grocery chains, access to a lot of parks a walk/ bike ride away
I think I'm ready in a community as is in that way :)

Elderly parents, small pets

-if money wasnt an issue, what would it look like?
Similar to my current lifestyle, neighbors make jam from our fruit trees as is but more of a food community could be nice.
Also wifi (I'm on my phone so much) , can answer calls from work's voip system if im out of the office.
Maybe I'd even have a kid and a husband lol.

" -What are the dealbreakers?
Elderly parents, small pets "

There are no deal breakers IF they are willing to come.

We are NOT them.

The weaker create the inner society while the stronger create the rest.

The elderly have wisdom and experience to offer. If they are to far gone, we offer them a place to pass in dignity.

Again, we are NOT them.

LaughingAxe

Based Member
Interesting reply .. Going to reference it later

One big item I notice is what makes sense and is efficient vs what is preferred.

I will tell you right now that of all the women (wives of friends) i know most if not all of them would not be ok with communal living, shared eating, kids in one room etc. Most of them want their own space. And until we Arnie Schwarzenegger Junior it up, or are willing to revert back to patriarchal ways, kind of need those ladies and the kids

And as someone who has lived in barracks shacks and all sorts of unconfortable cramped spaces there is a limit to patience.

Not sure why ya think living in personal house would mean meeting every couple days to find out who died of dysentry. If you jam a lot of people together in suboptimal conditions you are going to have casualties from disease, hygiene etc.

Buying a town and having deliveres come to you seems pretty sweet though

LaughingAxe

Based Member
@51star

You can heat homes with wood. Its basically how we got here...

Nowhere in any of my comments did I say I would utilize just wood (see above)

If you add passive solar, thermal mass, design and secondary systems (propane) then its fairly simple. Even without secondary systems you can make something fairly comfortable with wood stoves or rocket mass heater applications so long as you arent trying to heat a massive house. Small, well sited well insulated. You can dig a pit house if you truly want to be warm.

On my property I cut a few trees down, with a single bit axe and a wedge. In their place, about 8 others sucker up and are about 3 ft high now. I live on 10 ac now and there is an abundance of trees and fuel. You should understand also that im able to walk to areas outside of those 10 ac and collect. 160 ac ÷ 4/5 = 40/32 ac per. You could potentially have an enormous amount of trees.... Hell the amount of deadfall alone.

Theres nothing stopping people from working together to chop wood. I usually use an axe but when i use a chainsaw I like having someone else nearby to communicate or help directionally fell. If gas and power went tomorrow you would have people working together for this purpose ... Id go walk 300m to my neighbor and see if he wanted to go get some wood.

You can gain heat by having people huddled in one space. But you also gain disease and resentment.

Last ... The Mrs and I are a united front. She gave me kids. They dont do communal. She agreed to relocate out of the city because I made sure it would be somewhat comfortable and safe. Most other women, realistically, would only accept communal living arrangement if they are hippies, born into it or absolutely desperate (which they arent)

Is your wife different? You comfortable with your kids sleeping in a great room while other adults you maybe know maybe dont, are nearby?

LaughingAxe

Based Member
Yep. I got a supply of 8 trees. Thats what I said hurr durr wood and all.

The very first item in this thread was discussing how friends i would like to start a community with are either delusional or still stuck in a mindset, so yes I would consider strangers. What we wouldnt consider, is occupying close proximity with people we dont know. Understand that in communal arrangements, kids can and do get abused. Im not interested in risking it. One allegation or suspicion in that environment and trust is gone.

If you dont wish to argue, then dont. You have a lot of intetesting ideas ... The SYSCO idea, permaculture ring/living fence. Discussing with you I realize there are also more pros and cons to consider. You arent wrong that communal, low roof is warmer and more efficient ... Ive camped and ive lived in tents with 8 other people and its toasty. Everyone has a function. Clothes get dried, water warmed, food prepared.

Correct on the reality of how to physically survive, but our current reality needs to be heavily acquiesced to ... At least in the opening phases

I have been discussing with my own dwindling circle of like-minded friends the idea of relocating and forming some sort of community operating out or close to outside of mainstream society. Most of us are in central to north AB and are seeing the writing on the wall with how things are degrading. Many of us also are witnessing our extended family in BC deal with their current issues so our conversation has amplified over the last few days. That being said id like to open up this thread with the intent of generating some ideas and feedback, possibly ones we have missed.

Because even though we agree on the problem and discuss how bad it could get, we still seem at a stand-still. It seems that all of us, and especially our wives, have different standards, goals, wants and needs. Dream homes, community sports, closeness to Costco to name a few. And even the people who I would have noted were the committed, seem to have a lot of sugar plum fairy delusions about things like zoning, subdivision, or just in general the reality of opting out of parts or the entirety of the system.

The more self-sufficient, the less leverage society can apply. If society seeks to apply unjust provisions then to me it makes sense to limit their impact and effect on me and my family. Of course it would make sense to dismantle unjust systems but im law abiding and would never suggest that nor seek to implicate others in foolishness (!) and i honestly, as someone who has experienced a limited glimpse into warzones and conflict, know that most people arent there yet.

Of course 100% self-sufficiency is not obtainable or even desirable to many. Having lived in a semi-remote area over the last two years, I have an understanding for the reality and the amount of work required. But still its a goal or journey of mine to get to the highest level of it.

Looking forward to hearing some thoughts of yours. Some questions:

-What needs would have to be satisfied for you to join a community?

-What wants?

-if money wasnt an issue, what would it look like? Amish with guns and no wooden buttons? Beards w mustaches? You get it
LaughingAxe
Whatever plan you go with, DO NOT leave with your tale between your legs.

Leave kicking & screaming and cede as a little ground as possible and regroup.

There is no reason to believe they will leave us to our utopia unmolested.

There are two private islands here that are both hunting reserves. One of them is a membership only hunting club with purchased stakes. Owning a stake is essentially partial ownership of the whole island.

They have a 365 employed private chef on the island, and I would assume some groundskeepers, maybe not actually living there like the chef. They have a main lodge and a number of outbuildings for use by members at any time of year.

I agree that "communal ownership" is a bad idea, but a split stake like that would be something else. Then you just have a charter that outlines "ownership" into assigned lots.

The other island is for sale, seems it was single ownership but also has a number of separate buildings so the prior owner must have had something similar going on.

If they can do it with hunting reserves/lodges, there's no reason we couldn't do the same thing.

LaughingAxe

Based Member
I like the idea of a charter that then outlines what is what and who it belongs to. The thing that bugs me with communal is the potential for abuse of authority and redistribution to what group exercises the most control in community

And in a way, even though I own right now there are a number of ways the gov can come in and make it so I only 'own' it.

Will look into the hunting reserve angle. Thanks

@LaughingAxe I agree with your concerns. Two thoughts here:

Just make each stake holder a "board member" with equal votes.

On that note: I remember a privacy article about how a man made himself undoxable by basically running his entire personal life under one ore more LLC shell companies. He slowly transferred everything out of his personal name until there was no way to trace him.

Makes me wonder if a small privately owned LLC could get away with a township. We all purchase an equal share in the company, and then pay "rent" that covers the public fund for taxes, road maintenance, etc.

There are a handful of privately owned townships in the US, I don't know of any examples in Canada though. This could be similar to the angle the hunting lodges use, idk.

LaughingAxe

Based Member
I believe having member shares could work and from that membership an election of a board. I looked at how Hutterites are structured in AB Companies Act and the majority are Non Profit Private Company. Private companies can have 50 members although the actual definition of member might be flexible.

Bylaws or charters could limit or empower board. You could do anything from term limits to frequency/location of meetings. Evicting would be a large consideration to mull over and process woukd have to be above board and transparent. On one hand you want to be able to deal with cousin Ernie emptying his shitter into the street and on the other you want to be able to exist not fearing you just offended someones pronouns. Common sense, I hope, would be common!

What that guy did sounds awesome. I admit since starting this thread im more curious about some sort of body to organize it all. Some more benefits ... Anything from company vehicles w group insurance to just lower taxes as north51 was saying.

The initial investment or any other rent, or even the profits of business that fall under the umbrella of that corporation, can then be directed at more land acquisition, expansion etc.

I dont know if we do the same as the US companies. I know we do temp camps. And for the military at least the trend for us has been to divest from military housing and incentivize guys with money to live on economy. My understanding is it is too much expense for maintenance. Probably similar for most for-profit companies who dont want the extra expense.