Discussion FOIAs & Canada

The Conservationist

Save The West
Resistance Is Not Futile
How much value is there in FOIAs?

It seems that the US ones have been yielding quite a bit of informaton.

I remember seeing one from the city of Ottawa, which revealed that they didn't actually look to the data to support their lockdown measures, and just followed federal or provincial mandates without justification.

Outside of that, I don't recall hearing much about FOIAs in Canada for COVID.

Is there a reason for this? Are they more difficult to get, compared to the US? Is our time better used elsewhere?

And two adjacently related questions.

What goes into filing a FOIA?

And who would we target with these, to get the best results (e.g., cities, health departments, government agencies, etc.)?

Upvote 9

Lobotomizer

Click Clack
Dark Challenger
FOI Requests for Isolated Virus:

I believe that FOI Requests play critical roles when it comes to questioning and validating the reasonableness of policy and mandates. In other legal matters, I have heard from others who successfully sued public servants after first making FOI Requests before serving law suits and notices of liability against men/women operating in the capacity of a public servant. The FOI Requests expose the fact that the public servants have zero justification for their actions and/or demonstrate they violate their own policies/regulations, state/federal laws, and common law crimes.

Another interesting fact that comes to mind is how vaccines are being used as a "requirement" for goods and services, where the licensing/regulating board for Canadian dcotors, CSPO, states that physicians and medical professionals must provide informed consent for all medical treatments, and this can only be acquired without coercion.

D

Deleted member 394

I know that in Ontario, your request results will be heavily redacted and/or missing entire pages. They can exclude any internal back-and-forth e-mails.

Advice to government​

13 (1) A head may refuse to disclose a record where the disclosure would reveal advice or recommendations of a public servant, any other person employed in the service of an institution or a consultant retained by an institution. R.S.O. 1990, c. F.31, s. 13 (1).