I finally found out why Archive.is articles were not working for me.

Rusty Canuckleford

DEI = Death of European Identity
Conspiracy Factologist
Apparently that website hates anyone using Cloudflare DNS, because when I was using it, it gave me an unsolvable Captcha every time I refreshed the page. It also hates Quad9.
If you’re using either of these DNS providers and are having problems accessing Archive, switch back to your default internet settings and see if it will work again.

Thanks to @Shotnerves for helping me figure this out.

:ehattip

Mashiki

Based Member
Best solution has always been to run your own DNS server or use one like OpenDNS or FreeDNS that is configurable. They're not really hard to configure and can be run on some routers too requiring nothing but occasional updates.

Shotnerves

Suffering from clown world sickness
TIL that OpenDNS was bought by Cisco. It says it on their website.

208.67.222.222 is pretty much 8.8.8.8 at this point. Your requests will go into big tech's database.

Mashiki

Based Member
They've been owned by cisco for a while, but they're very useful for troubleshooting or for people who don't care what information goes which way.

DripDrop

Big frenly fren. Much wow!
Does that mean I don't have to make "special" Rusty links anymore?
It's pretty much why I stopped posting (because of all the extra time it took me to add those.)
Probably also why the entire forum slowed down with new posts recently?
Well, I sense an uptick in activity coming soon...

Rusty Canuckleford

DEI = Death of European Identity
Conspiracy Factologist
Eyy, don’t stop posting things on here because of me. I was just annoyed because it seemed to me like Archive was broken.
You bring a lot to the forum.

ENEMUU

Objectively Hilarious
off topic but how the heck do i get to read kiwi farms now, i can't figure it out. Does anyone know? Help!

Shotnerves

Suffering from clown world sickness